AnsweredAssumed Answered

Design table referencing configurations and display states of subassemblies, independantly

Question asked by Charley Leonard on Apr 14, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 20, 2012 by Charley Leonard

Here's another attempt to to describe the problem I'm trying to solve.  In an earlier post, the sample files I submitted didn't really get to the heart of the matter.  Please open the attached assembly, observe the various configurations I have manually created, varying both the configuration and the display state of each sub-assembly.  When I autocreate a design table, I do not get varying subassembly display states.  When I try to manually create columns in the DT referencing specific subassembly display states, it doesn't give me an error, but seems to ignore those columns. (DT's not included in submittal - please create on your own, to bypass any mistakes I might be introducing).

What I would like to end up with is a design table that I can build on to create many many variations of both position and display state, independantly of one another.  I'm not married to display states.  If there's another way to handle what I'm trying to do; vary the posistion and solid vs. transparency independant of one another, while still having multiple instances of 1 subassembly (please don't ask me to dissolve the subasemblies - that's not a practical option in my real-world application).  I would also settle for 2 different colors instead of solid vs transparent if I needed to, but transparency is preferable in this application.

Charley Leonard

Outcomes