It seems you are trying to run nonlinear simulations with von_Mises plasticity
1) Check the model with contacts if any
2) Check the material data. Should give youngs modulus, poisson's ratio, tangent modulus and density, Hardening factor to 0 (forced)
3) Boundary condition
4) Main thing to solve: Property setup
1) changing the auto time stepping 1 ,0.01, 0.01 , 20
2) Plastic strain increment to some high value
3) singulatity elinimation factor to 0
4) Convergence tol : 0.005
5) Direct sparse with large displacement formulation and large strain
6) More accurate solver
try this, it should solve
You may try to apply load in smaller steps using load curve.
Additionaly you should take closer look on results that you have already from first iterations, and try to find where that large strain occurs.
It helps sometimes to understand relation between amount of strain in finite element /per step and advanced study settings "Plastic strain increment".