4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2012 3:08 AM by Peter De Vlieger

File dialog still not fixed ?

Peter De Vlieger

Year after year I have been waiting for a solution or for someone to show how I can fix it.

The open file dialog box has no logic to it as far as I can detect. I have to switch from one type of file to the other multiple times a day, lots of time even multiple times an hour. The last thing I want to deal with is a dialog box that constantly switches to one file type or another, mostly to the file type that I have no interest in.

How difficult can it be to have a setting that makes it so that always, A L W A Y S, show all SW file types ?

The closest I came was last year when Joe Rochinski had a batch file work around that worked some of the time. Now however it doesn't seem to work anymore either.

We had SW's own John Sweeney stating that it was going to be fixed in 2009 SP5.

Now I'm using 2012 SP2 and still SW seems to remember a certain setting very arbitrary. I opened an ASM a couple a days ago, so let's constantly propose to open asm's. Oh you got used to that, well you know what, yesterday you opened a PRT so although now you want to open an ASM let's only show you prt's. So what if each and every time you request to see all SW file type files. Expecting to see the program to remember that? No way, no how. So every time I open a file it's like some programmer at SW flips me the bird.

Anyone at SW care to comment ?

Anyone at SW care to prove me wrong ?

Anyone at SW care to get the damn thing fixed?

Anyone ?