2 Replies Latest reply on May 6, 2012 3:56 PM by K. Kim

AMD radeon HD 6490m softmod?

K. Kim

Hello,

Is there any way to increase the performance of the AMD radeon 6490m graphics card, via soft mod, or elsewise.  Open GL is greyed out and the

performance is real slow when i'm building a model with many parts.  I tried RealHack but it didnt seem to do anything.  Thanks.

• Re: AMD radeon HD 6490m softmod?
          Jerry Steiger

K.,

The fact that Open GL is greyed out is normal. It is always greyed out any time that you have any SolidWorks files open. Doesn't matter what graphics card you have. Is it checked? If it is, you can close all of your SolidWorks files and then see if you can uncheck it.

I doubt that it will matter whether it is checked or unchecked if your problem is slow rebuild times. That is mostly driven by your CPU, not your graphics card.

Jerry Steiger

• Re: AMD radeon HD 6490m softmod?
              K. Kim

I resolved the issue I was having.  Solidworks wasn't recognizing my laptop's GPU because my laptop BIOS GPU setting was in dynamic mode (I have a switchable graphics card).  I changed the setting to fixed mode, and now the Open GL is not greyed out and I can uncheck it.  My Solidworks runs well now.