6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 28, 2016 5:17 PM by Josh Chapman

Keyboard shortcut for "Tile right" and "Tile left" buttons

Dustin Elliott

Hi,

I'm using SolidWorks 2012 with dual screens and I like the "tile right" and "tile left" feature that comes with this new version, however I want to be able to assign each of these to a keyboard short cut (specifically "Shift+1" and "Shift+2"). I haven't been able to find the buttons in the "customize" dialog window. Am I just missing it, or is this not possible?

Thanks for any help!

• Re: Keyboard shortcut for "Tile right" and "Tile left" buttons
          Steve Ostrovsky

I think right now, the best you'll get (out of the box) is a Span Display in the Keyboard customization.

Span Display.JPG

Dustin Elliott

Seeing how this thread doesn't seem to be going anywhere, I went and figured out the reg hack. The following code places "tile left" to "shift+1" and "tile right" to "shift+2". For those that want to assign it to another key, change the "key" value to the *hex* ascii value of your choice (note that it will still be "shift+key choice"). For those that want a reg key file, please PM me.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate0]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate0\Custom Accelerators]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate0\Custom Accelerators\AddArray]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate0\Custom Accelerators\AddArray\3_84]

"fVirt"=dword:00000007

"key"=dword:00000032

"cmd"=dword:0000d6f8

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate0\Custom Accelerators\AddArray\7_51]

"cmd"=dword:0000d6f7

"key"=dword:00000031

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate0\Custom Accelerators\SubArray]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate0\Custom Menus]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate1]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate1\Custom Accelerators]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate1\Custom Accelerators\AddArray]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate1\Custom Accelerators\AddArray\3_84]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate1\Custom Accelerators\AddArray\7_51]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate1\Custom Accelerators\SubArray]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate1\Custom Menus]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate2]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate2\Custom Accelerators]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate2\Custom Accelerators\AddArray]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate2\Custom Accelerators\AddArray\3_84]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate2\Custom Accelerators\AddArray\7_51]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate2\Custom Accelerators\SubArray]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2012\Customization\tPlate2\Custom Menus]

Josh Chapman

how does someone ever figure this out? I will try  it soon as I can get my IT admin to allow it. If it works great job!

Thanks

Josh Chapman

I couldn't get the registry hack to work but I did find a nearly perfect substitute.

I created a macro with only clicking the tile right button, saved it, and set a key stroke to run that macro. I did the same for the tile left button too. I had to edit the macro a little to get it to work correctly when the window is maximized, and when it is not full size.

here is my macro for tile right:

Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long

Sub main()

Set swApp = _

Application.SldWorks

Set Part = swApp.ActiveDoc

Dim myModelView As Object

Set myModelView = Part.ActiveView

myModelView.FrameLeft = 1912

myModelView.FrameTop = 3

myModelView.FrameState = swWindowState_e.swWindowNormal

myModelView.FrameWidth = 1909

myModelView.FrameHeight = 852

End Sub

***************************************************************************************************************

here is tile left:

_____________________________________________________________________

***************************************************************************************************************

Dim swApp As Object

Dim Part As Object

Dim boolstatus As Boolean

Dim longstatus As Long, longwarnings As Long

Sub main()

Set swApp = _

Application.SldWorks

Dim myModelView As Object

myModelView.FrameLeft = 3