6 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2006 8:43 PM by

Need Help to analize spring

Any body can help me...........

Billal,
      SW 2006 Premium Sp 4.1
        • Need Help to analize spring
          I have a case on how to analize spring. My problem is setting contact surface. See my picture, then please give me suggestion.

thank`s
            You could try to create a split line on the spring and set the contact as no penatration node to surface. If node to surface doesn't work, try surface to surface.
              Is there any reason you can't use standard spring equations to analyze your spring? Can you use a spring connector to get the response for the system? This will give you the deformation response but no stresses. However, due to the multiple draw and heat treat operations that go into spring wire, failure properties to evaluate stresses with can be difficult to come by. Also, unless the spring was heat treated to a zero stress state after forming, the residual stresses will impact your stress calculations. In my experience, you have to have a pretty strong reason to want to do FEA on a spring vs. using standard design guides. Your spring looks pretty standard so I'm wondering why you feel the need to analyze it in CW.

Vince
                I am not analize the spring. I created the spring model just for translating force.
                My focus is analize knuckle bracket ( see JPEG )

Billal,
                SW 2006 Premium Sp 4.1
                  Thank`s Vince.......
                  I will do.

Billal,
                  SW 2006 Premium Sp 4.1
                    You should explore the use of the Spring Connector for this application.

Vince