2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2012 10:33 AM by Ravi Teja

How to update the product no variable in part data card automatically ?

Avishek Kar

Dear All,

How i can update the product no in part data card automatically when we use that part in an assembly , suppose we have used 5 parts for an assembly so is there a way to upadate the assembly no autogenerated by EPDM in all the data cards of 5 part files ?

Regards

Avishek

• Re: How to update the product no variable in part data card automatically ?
          Brian Dalton

If I read your question correctly, you want the data card of a part to show the assembly it is used in, and have this value added automatically by the process of creating the reference in the assembly.

If that's correct, I think you would need a custom add-in to find the reference to the part and then add that part number to the variable shown in the data card.  If this was done as an add-in for SW (rather than an EPDM add-in) you might possibly be able to have the variable update occur when the part is inserted in the assembly.  It seems it would be rather complicated, though, and potentially quite expensive.

• Re: How to update the product no variable in part data card automatically ?
            Ravi Teja

Hi Avishek,

As Brain Said,Youi will require a custom addin for this.

I was wondering wat will be the case if the part is used in the sub assembly?

If You setup allows only one assemblt per project and rest all are part.the ni think we can have a work around.

Regards

Ravi T