I'm in need of a new computer, and have been reading through the various threads here to try to make sure I make the right choice. I was hoping I could run a couple of different specs past you, really just for reassurance that i'm not throwing my money away.
I do quite a bit of rendering, and work with assemblies up to about 500 parts.
I'm keen to go for the latest i7 (for rendering), realise I need at least 8gb RAM, and am happy with one of the lower end graphics cards.
Other than this, my knowledge of the specifics is limited so I won't be building my own machine (having said that, i'm sure I could work out how to add RAM, or change a graphics card... both of these specs require me to do so)
My budget is £1000 inc screens, so lets say £8-900 for the tower (not much I know).
Here are the specs 2 different packages, I would very much appreciate any advice on which looks better for my requirements, and any other advice you might be able give.
The Zoostorm is £700, and I would change the graphics card to a Firepro V4800 for and extra £100.
The Fujitsu is £880, and I would replace the 4gb with 8gb of RAM for £30
Thanks in advance,
Zoostorm i7-2600 Quad Core
- Intel Core i7-2600 quad core processor.
- Processor speed 3.4GHz.
- 8GB DDR3 RAM.
- 2TB SATA hard drive.
- DVD optical drives: Dual layer CD-RW, CD-RW, CD-ROM, DVD-RW, DVD-RW, DVD-ROM speed.
- Nvidia GeForce GT 520 1GB DDR3.
- 6 USB ports.
- Ethernet port.
- Wired keyboard and mouse.
- 5.1 surround sound.
- Microsoft Windows 7 Premium.
- Includes: Microsoft Home and Office Starter, Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Anti-virus and security, Disc writing.
- Power saving facility.
Fujitsu Celsius W410 proGREEN Workstation
- Intel Core i7-2600 processor 3.4GHz
- 4 Cores / 8 Threads
- 8MB Cache
- 4GB non-ECC, 1333 MHz, PC3-10600
- Configuration 2 x 2GB
- 500GB SATAIII 7200rpm
- DVD Super Multi
- Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64
- ATI FirePro V3800, 512 MB