AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks 2012 Installation Error 1722 (SldSheelExtServerExe)

Question asked by Var Cha on Mar 20, 2012
Latest reply on May 31, 2012 by Julien LUC

Hi Every one,

I am trying to deploy Solidworks 2012 SP1 to multiple systems through SCCM. I created admin Image and install all pre-requisites and started install using cmd line

INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\SolidWorks" TOOLBOXFOLDER="C:\Program Files (x86)\SolidWorks\SolidWorks Data" SOLIDWORKSSERIALNUMBER="xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx" ENABLEPERFORMANCE=1 OFFICEOPTION=3 SERVERLIST="25734@xxxxx" ADDLOCAL=SolidWorksDesignChecker,Manuals,ExampleFiles,SolidWorksToolbox,FeatureWorks,SolidWorks /qb

It creates shortcuts and rolls back before install is complete. This is the error

"Error 1722. There is a problem with this windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Action Unregister_i386_SldSheelExtServerExe, location: C:\Program Files\SolidWorks 2009 Beta 1\sldShellExtServer.exe, Command: sldshellextserver.exe /UNREGSERVER"

I tried deleting the .exe from .msi using admin studio and did not succeed. I tried some registry changes in the msi suggested in some posts for Tortoise app errors(which are done after install to run) That too failed.

Does anybody know details of this error or how to fix it.

Thank you. 

Outcomes