Seeking a Structural Packaging Designer with 5+ years of Design/Engineering experience using 3D SolidWorks, primarily in the CPG industry, for a leading packaging manufacturer in Wisconsin.
The client company, headquartered in the Midwest, is one of the world’s most advanced providers of turnkey packaging solutions. For over 25 years, this privately owned company has offered state-of-the-art materials and equipment for various packaging needs, as well as package design and delivery services, including custom designed blisters and clamshells; printing and coating services for skin packaging boards; shrink-wrapping, automatic bagging, collating and assembly services; and bar coding, trucking and order fulfillment services.
• Co-Lead product design.
• Great potential to make a significant impact on the company’s business, which can lead to promotions in title and increased responsibilities as the company grows.
• Report directly to the President.
• Manage 2-3 direct reports.
Primary Job Functions (reporting directly to the company President):
• The purpose of this position is to produce high quality product and meet the design requirements for each job for the retail packaging environment.
• Create images using 3D SolidWorks software.
• Determine exact geometry for individual packaging components.
• Design thermoformed blister and clamshells for retail environments.
• A meaningful compensation ($75-90K plus 10% bonus) and relocation package will be developed for the successful candidate.
• Must have high skill level using 3D SolidWorks Software (experience with Artios CAD and Next Engine software is a plus but not required), possess ability to perform math with an emphasis on Geometry, and exhibit the following competencies:
- Job Knowledge: Have competency in required job skills and knowledge; exhibit ability to learn and apply new skills; keep abreast of current developments; require minimal supervision; display understanding of how job relates to others; use resources effectively.
- Quantity of Work: Meet productivity standards; complete work in a timely manner; strive to increase productivity; achieve established goals.
- Quality of Work: Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; display commitment to excellence; look for ways to improve and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; monitor own work to ensure quality.
- Reasoning Ability: Apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions; be able to deal with problems involving concrete variables in standardized situations; use sound judgment, utilizing company procedures and policies, when making decisions.
- Innovation: Display original thinking and creativity; meet challenges with resourcefulness; generate suggestions for improving work; develop innovation approaches and ideas.
- Initiative: Volunteer readily, undertaking self-development activities and seeking increased responsibilities; take independent actions and calculated risks; look for and take advantage of opportunities.
- Project Management: Develop project plans, coordinate projects and communicate changes and progress; complete projects on time and budget.
- Cost Consciousness: Work within approved budget, conserving organizational resources; develop and implement cost saving measures; contribute to profits and revenue.
* To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter, preferably in MS Word format, to Brian Cross at email@example.com. A fully detailed, formal specification will be sent to “top-level”, qualified candidates.