3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 19, 2012 9:30 AM by Anthony Macke

updated graphics card to solidworks recommended, still noticing problems

Anthony Macke

i was having a lot of graphic related issues with the latest and greatest driver for my graphics card, so i back dated it to the recommended driver via solidworks website.

the issues i was having before were mostly corrected...now im starting to get new problems i've never encountered for.

such as the attached image.....when i right click, 90% of the time all of my commands dont show up. in the example, you can see that there is plenty of blank space at the bottom of the menu where "tables" is supposed to be. it is checked in the customize menu option to show up...if i flip the scroll wheel around and change the zoom even slightly in the drawing, or if i right click higher on the screen than i did before, it works fine.

• Re: just cant win the graphics card battle....
          Anthony Macke

addition:

if i click the expand arrows at the bottom they show up...don't understand why it hides them if the box has plenty of room to show it

Matt Lombard

I agree. I've got a 3 year old computer with enough graphics problems running SolidWorks that it adds a lot of time. It seems you've got to buy new hardware for each release to not get behind. Problems I have are graphics staying stationary while mouse rotates until you resize the window or something. I also routinely (like every 4 changes or so) see one or more bodies get hidden when they should not be hidden. This is not all bodies, or everything on the screen, just select bodies. These two add up so that I've probably got a graphics problem which is preventing me from doing work about 30% of the time.

Anthony Macke

- design tree graphics dont display correctly until you resize the design tree

- solidworks toolbars display themselves on top of my other programs title bars occasionally

- don't think its graphics related, but the lovely 20 clicks to get a foreshortened radius dimension to display correctly.

*right click*, display options, display as diameter

*right click*, display options, display as linear

*right click*, display options, unselect center dimension

*right click*, display options, display as diameter

*right click*, display options, display as radius

*right click*, display options, forshortened

that might be a whole new problem for a whole new thread...lol