Our ePDM 2012 SP2 environment is set up for replication to multiple archive servers, but I am unable to resolve issues where some files are not replicated, but others are. Some background:
1. The replication schema is bare-bones.. no special filters or options are chosen.. "every file, every hour".. nothing selected on the Advanced tab. The schema is set up right now for only one direction, "local" site to "remote" site. Running the Test functions results in success for both directions.
2. The Archive Status screen gets to a certain % complete (about 45%), and then stops there, even after multiple hourly cycles.
3. The Archive Server Log on the remote site states "There are ### files that needs to be replicated." That ### does not change between runs like it should be doing. (This is in a database with very little activity, as we are trying to understand this better before we roll out replication for all of our data. ... i.e. almost no files are being added to the vault.)
4. I have verified specific files are listed on the Missing Files List. There is no reason given on this list as to why they may not be replicating! There is also nothing in the archive server log about said files.
5. I have enabled the 'additional logging' feature.... registry key EventLogLevel = FFFF.
6. I have gone through the replication setup document and troubleshooting sections carefully.. all the tests appear successful!
There is one hitch... there are a couple files in the db that do not have folders in the vaults. When replication begins, the log shows these two files as errors, retries them once (our limit is 2 tries), and logs the failure. One would presume the system should be able to continue with the multitudes of other files in the vault.
So that's our current problem. I don't know how to force these files to successfully replicate, when other files already have, without an issue.
The purpose of this forum post is to seek answers but also to make a suggestion from Solidworks.
--> Please add a way to see the status of individual files as they are copying!! If there are multiple threads for copying, I want to see the status of each thread... useful information would be:
- thread stuck or copying, file was successful or thread finished with an error (with descriptive reasons for all statuses!)
- source and destination servers, document ID, file name, version, location in the vault
- bytes copied out of bytes total
--> Also please update the Missing Files list with a new column: a reason why the last attempt failed, if there was one.