0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 5:28 PM by Jason Mullen

Local Revision = No Revision on Check in.

Jason Mullen

Using Enterprise PDM 2011.  How do I ensure that a checked in file always has a Revision set under Local Revision. 

Local Revision meaning the one that shows on the Version Tab.  The same Local Revision that has to exist so that a Task's Output File Details show correctly.  If the Local Revision = No Revision, then when I make a PDF using the Convert Task with the Default path set to:
      <Path>\PDF\<Filename>_ REV<Revision>

An example output is:

C:\PDF\Part_REV

If Local Revision has a value (say 3A), then the output would be:
      C:\PDF\Part_REV3A

I have figured out how to set this value whenever I change states (by setting variables and Incrementing Revisions) during the transisition.  However, either during initial check in or modifing a file at a state and checking it back in, the Local Revision changes to No Revision.

I can manually fix this by selecting the file and Modify\Increment Revision, but this means it's not going to get done.

How do I set it so that anytime I check in a file, that Local Revision value stays set?

Examples when looking at Actions\Get Version

1. <Created>          In this case the file was checked in, No Revision and created PDF is incorrect.

5. <No Comment>     Checked out, saved, Checked in.

1.00                         Changed State and set Revision during transition.

4. <No Comment>     Checked out, saved, Checked in.

-.00                         Manually incremented revision.

3. <No Comment>     Versions 1-3 were created by Check out, save, Check in.

2. <No Comment>

1. <Created>

In this example, versions 1,2,3 (before manually incrementing revision) and 5 output the wrong filename when a PDF is made.

Again, how do I set it so that anytime I check in a file, that Local Revision value stays set?