what PDM vault do you use?
we use EPDM from SW so these may not work in all other systems.
option 1) ditch the 20 part files nad use configurations instead.
option 2) add the the drawing views and hide them.
option 3) use the "paste as reference" function in EPDM
Thanks for the quick reply;
Could you please brief a bit about (option 3) we do use EPDM (vault)
this is from the help
You can create references between files. When you work on the parent file, its references are displayed automatically in the preview or in the bill of materials.
To create a reference:
- Right-click the parent file and select Check Out.
- Select the files to reference.
- Right-click the files and select Copy.
- Right-click the parent file and select Paste as Reference.
- In the Create File References dialog box, set options:
- Add Reference creates a reference to the file.
- Show in Bill of Materials includes the file in the parent file BOM.
- Click OK.
- Right-click the parent file and select Check In.
- To verify the references, select the parent file and select the Contains tab.
- Create File References Dialog Box
Use the Create File References dialog box to create and modify file references.
If you use suggestion 2 from Jeremy regarding the configurations you can control all 20 washers
within a design table and then export the design table as an excel spread sheet then insert that
table into your drawing.
or put the design table directly into the drawing.
Thanks, Jeremy it worked.
Since i dont want the 20 washers to be in all my assemblies; i was bit not ok with this thought, Thanks for your suggestion.