AnsweredAssumed Answered

Model of rubber transition between 2 features

Question asked by Robert Brookover on Mar 4, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 by Jerry Steiger



Not sure if the Surfacing area is the proper place for this question, or perhaps the plastics area, or some other area? - if not, then let me know & I can move it to the proper place. 


Anyway, I am modeling a button which is offset from the main feature.  The transition between the button & the main feature is rubber, such that when the user depresses the button, the rubber allows it to move. 


You can see from the pics I posted, 1 is an actual photograph of what I'm trying to emulate in modeling (it's actually a "Wet-Nap" box), the 2nd pic shows the approach I started taking in modelng it, as I used 2 concentric & offset slots (1 for the hole, the other for the button protrusion).  And the 3rd pic is a screenshot of how I modeled it using to concentric & offset slots.  I also created an arc sketch on a place through the mid-point of these features, because I thought I could use that as some sort of "guide curve" for a revolved loft of some sort?  I'm not sure if would do this as a revolve, a loft, a sweep, some sort of "surfacing" commands (and which ones) - I don't know, that's why I'm here asking the question.


So, as I said, not if this is a surfacing question, or a plastics question, which is 1 of the reasons I'm not sure how to approach this. 


Thanks in advance,