2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 2:04 AM by Andries Koorzen

Notification History

Marc Vanderslice

In some of the workflows we use dynamic notifications, and with this I would like to be able to view who the notifications were sent to as part of the history of the document.  Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Marc

• Re: Notification History
          Wojciech Obst

Hi,

Unfortunately you can't, as far as I know, add custom notes to history dialogs.

Solution for you can, for example, browsing vault table called "Notifications" or writing some smart plug-in which writes some info during workflow action (using tasks).

Hope it helps.

• Re: Notification History
            Andries Koorzen

Hi Marc

I don't think you'll be able to do this without creating a SQL query...

You need to query the Messages table in the vault database, but even this will only give you the following:

- who it was sent to

- the time it was sent

It will NOT give you:

- the document it was sent for (unless somehow the name of the document is inside the message, or, more typically the documentID) so...unless you know the document ID (search the forums for an addin to find the document ID...i've seen it before but can't remember what the name of the post is now) it's not a straight forward process.

A typical query for that would look like this:

SELECT TOP 1000 [MessageID]

,[Recipient]

,[Sender]

,[Type]

,[Subject]

,[Message]

,[Time]

,[New]

,[BeenRead]

FROM [API].[dbo].[Messages]

WHERE [Message] LIKE '%documentid=29%'

This will give you a list of all the messages for that document, but I'm not sure what you're going to do with this list. Perhaps you can connect all of this to a card button, so that when the button is clicked it will show this list?