I have been experimenting with creating tabulated models/drawings using configurations, and I'm not sure if I'm understanding how the EPDM system relates to them. Here's what I'm doing:
The model has the following configs:
First, I create all the properties I will need in the Default config, and I enter the information there that I want to be shared across all configurations. For properties where the value will be different in different configs, I just enter a dash ("-"). This way, the Default config carries only generic information. This includes the Description property, which would be something like this: [Bracket, Sensor Mount].
Then I use a design table to create the dash-numbered configs, populating the config-specific properties with their appropriate values. For the Description field, I use an Excel formula to generate a description that includes a config-specific value, so it might look like this: [Bracket, Sensor Mount, 12mm]. Here, I've just added the 12mm height to the generic description.
This all works fine, but the problem is that when I check the model in, the Description for each configuration tab on the datacard is correct, but the Description that shows up in the Description column in the Windows Explorer file list uses the value from the -001 configuration, not the Default configuration. That means that in the Explorer window, the user is told that the model is specifically for a 12mm tall bracket, not just a generic bracket.
Long-winded post, but what I need to know is how I can get the Explorer to report the Default config's description, or more generally, how EPDM determines which config's description it will use in the Explorer window.
BTW, I have the Default config set as the active config when I save and check-in the file... I thought that would do it, but I guess not.