AnsweredAssumed Answered

2012 SP2 install FAIL

Question asked by Paul Passarelli on Feb 23, 2012

The automatic update to SP2 corrupted my system, so I tried to update manually *after* disabling all anti-virus software (that was what they blamed tie 1st failure on).  However, the messages and the symptoms from the 2nd attempt were identical to the 1st failure.

Yes, I'm complaining, but that's because I've wasted more time *configuring* than I've been able to use the software for *designing*!  At this point I'm very seriously considering going back to 2005 --

(interruptus) As I'm typing this the repair process presented me with this:

The Installation Manager cannot find required source files for product SolidWorks 2012 x64 Edition SP01.

Check that the original source files are available. (Insert the original DVD if it is available.)

When contacting Technical Support about installation issues, you will need to provide the installation log files available in this directory. Use the button below to save your logs as a zip file for sending to your support representative.

I've reinserted the DVD and I'm allowing the repair to proceed (fingers crossed)

If any SolidEdge resellers monitor this board, an opportunity is presenting itseld here and now...

Regards,

Outcomes