4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 6:38 AM by Scott McFadden

Can't see SolidWorks

Rich Hill

This morning when I opened SolidWorks in windows 7 it shows on the taskbar, with the proper previews when I try to open different files, but will not show on my screen. I removed and downloaded again, but it is the same. Other programs open fine. Any ideas?

• Re: Can't see SolidWorks
          Scott McFadden

Rich,

Welcome to the forum.

Did this just start happening?

What I mean is last night did you have these files open, saved them closed SW and this morning

opened them up to these results?

Anna Wood

Have you shut down and restarted your computer?

Cheers,

Anna

Rich Hill

Thanks Anna and Scott for responding. Yes it just started, I'm a student and do SW every day. But I fixed it. Like I said, you could tell it was running because the little preview on the win7 task bar would show the different SW files that I tried to open. For some reason I tried hitting f11 and there it was full screen but I couldn't get to the top row that has the file and save ect. then i right clicked on the icon in the task bar and it gave me the option to make the window smaller. Did that and now all the buttons work just fine. Have tried to put it back in that invisible state but can't repeat what went wrong the first time. Thanks again.

Rich

Scott McFadden

Rich,

Glad you figured it out.

FYI, for future reference a screen shot would help.  I personally did not get ot of your opening

post that SW opened up.  Sounded like the splash screen opened and then didn't open at

all.  I know the first time I discovered the F11 I freaked out probably much like you did.