0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 2:54 PM by Jim Sculley

Ugly Error When Moving Files

Jim Sculley

I have been moving files from a quaratine area in the vault to their final permanent home after cleaning up custom properties and such.  I have a handful of assembly files that refuse to move.  Any attempt yields the following error:

error.png

A check of the log file shows this:

===================================

Error running query in SpDbOdbc

State=23000

Msg=[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The statement terminated. The maximum recursion 100 has been exhausted before statement completion.

========= LAST COMMAND ========

If (object_id(N'tempdb..#MoveInput') Is Not Null) Truncate Table #MoveInput Else Create Table #MoveInput (DocID int, ProjID int, DestProjID int, NewName nvarchar(260) collate database_default)

SET NOCOUNT ON

Insert Into #MoveInput

Select 202953, 10044, 10031, N''

Exec SPRM_MoveItems 46, N'C:\_EPDM', N'{EDE1FEEE-6D4C-4028-B6BA-23D923152DA7}'

==============================

The files in question have one thing in common.  They all contain a virtual component with in-context references to the top level assembly.  An example set of references looks like this:

refs.png

I figured that the circular reference was causing the problem (especially since the SQL error mentions recursion), so I deleted all the in context references and the In-Place mate so that the tree looks like this:

cleanrefs.png

The error remains and the file will not move.  I have also tried saving the virtual component externally, but the error still occurs.

Has anyone seen this problem?  If so, what is the solution?

Thanks.

Jim S.