2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 10:19 AM by Marc Koeppel

Sharing Macro Toolbars

Marc Koeppel

I have created macros and toolbar buttons on my annotations toolbar, and want to share these with my colleagues.  I have tried to use copy settings wizard with macro toolbars only selected, and cannot get my toolbars to show up on others computers.  I can get them to transfer using copy settings wizard, and doing a full settings reg file, but this changes all their customizations to my own settings.  Is there a way to share only my custom macros toolbars?  Is there a bug with the macro toolbars only selection in the copy settings wizard?  I am on Solidworks Premium 2010 x64, SP5.0.

• Re: Sharing Macro Toolbars
          Brian Lindahl

Try this.

On your computer, drag any icons off the Macro tool bar you don't want on the other computers.  Then drag all the macro icons you have created and want on other computers to the macro toolbar (not things like the Annotations toolbar).  Exit SW.  Then use Copy Settings Wizard to get only the macro toolbar from the registry.  Next, go to the other users' computers.  Customize their macro toolbar by moving any of their customized buttons they currently have on the macro toolbar to a different toolbar.  Exit SW.  Use Copy Settings Wizard to import ONLY the macro toolbar.  Go back into SW on each station and move the custom macro buttons to the toolbars where you want them.

• Re: Sharing Macro Toolbars
              Marc Koeppel

Brian,

Thanks for your help.  What you suggest will work as a workaround, but I am looking for something automatic that the user will not have to do any additional customization.  I submitted an enhancement request to allow the copy settings wizard to let you select which toolbars you want to copy.  I would think there would be a way of editing the reg file the copy settings wizard creates to control exactly what you are restoring, but I don't know what to delete and what to leave.