AnsweredAssumed Answered

Operational Method Sheet (OMS)

Question asked by Brian Bolton on Feb 16, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 by Brian Bolton

I have one assembly file that represents my entire product and within that file I have created multiple configurations each of which represents one assembly step or operation.  Within those configurations I suppress all parts that have not yet been added to the assembly and then create an exploded view to show the new parts for that particular step being added to the assembly.  I then need to create a drawing file with a sheet for each configuration to illustrate the assembly steps and this is where I get hung up.  How can I create a table that shows only the parts being added during that specific operation?

If I use the BOM table feature I have the following problems:

1) There's no way that I can see to make item numbering restart on each sheet without breaking the link in the BOM table, which I don't want to do as I may need to add/subtract components in the future.

2) There's no way to make only the new components being added appear on the table without manually deleting or hiding rows from the BOM table.

3) There's no way to make the table update based upon which components I balloon rather than having to tag a BOM table to the view of the model on that particular sheet.  (If I could make a table do this it would solve everything, but I don't know how or if it's even possible).

Is there a way with a better understanding of SW variables that I could 'program' a custom table to make a table automatically populate based on which components get a balloon attached?

Outcomes