AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem with PDM 2012 Notifications

Question asked by Chris Bassett on Feb 10, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 10, 2012 by Chris Bassett

We are in the process of the final stages of implementation and tweaking our Enterprise PDM (2012) install, and I'm having difficulty getting the workflow notifications to work.

I have tested the PDM email system, and that works fine.  I can send messages to and from various accounts, but I cannot get a notification to trigger when a certain workflow state is met, or a certain transition is used. 

For example, we have a transition called "Submit for Approval" that goes between a "Work in Progress" state to "Awaiting Approval".  I've tried configuring the notification on the transition and also when the "Awaiting Approval" state is reached.  I have not had any luck with triggering the notifications automatically with workflow state changes or transitions.

I've even tried creating a small 2-state, 1-transition workflow to test things, and that didn't even work.

I know this is a very vague question, in that these systems can be complex, but does anyone have any ideas of things I can check or try?

Thanks.

Outcomes