3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 14, 2012 3:17 AM by Dave Laban

Simulation report

Shamal Authar

How do I include an image in the generated simulation report showing probed points with labels as shown in attached picture

• Re: Simulation report
          Kevin Corr

Its probably not free, but I think the windows 7 ultimate OS comes with a tool called snippet...very handy and quick to learn. If you are stuck without snippet, just do the "old print screen boogie" method of screen capture. It goes something like this: with the fringe plot/probe points displayed...hit alt-prnt scrn. then...in the word doc generated by the simulation report tool...put the cursor where you need the image. then hit ctrl-v to paste the capture. The next issue is doing this each time you want a screen grab of another plot or boundary condition. Simulation report generator tool would be great if it associated with openoffice so I didn't need to sustain my investment in microsoft office.

Shamal Authar

Thanks kevin. I was hoping there would be another solution, cause i have lots of print screens to insert

Solidworks should include a sort of screenshot tool that would link directly to the report and generate

Dave Laban

There is the SolidWorks Image Capture tool.  Takes a screenshot of the Viewport (including Sim labels etc.) without all the User Interface around it.  I've set it up as a Ctrl+I shortcut, means I can just bang the images in to a report without needing to crop everytime (speeded up further by saving the view orientation you want!).