24 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2015 10:55 AM by Luticia Branch

How can I hide a control on a data card?

Brian Dalton

It seems that to have a variable value associated with a file, there needs to be a control connected to that variable on the file card.  This is fine, but I need to create and use variables that are purely for internal system use, and I don't want to clutter up the card (and confuse the users) by displaying a lot of cryptic information that is only used by the system itself.

The obvious solution would be to hide the control that links to the variable (XX.Visible = False in VB) but this is not possible in EPDM.  I also tried to place the control way outside the normal viewing area of the card then re-size the card smaller so that the control can't be seen, but unfortunately EPDM won't allow you to make a card smaller than the area taken up by its controls

So if I want to use a variable - any variable - for a particular card, I must link it to a control and stick it on the card where everyone can see and be confused by it.  Can anyone think of a way around this curious limitation?