AnsweredAssumed Answered

Quadro 2000 Video Issues

Question asked by Bill Stadler on Feb 8, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 1, 2012 by Bill Stadler

We are moving from 32-bit NT to 64-bit Win7.

System: Dell T5500, 64-Bit, 12G Ram, Quadro 2000, Win7 Ultimate, Dual Monitors, SolidWorks 2010 SP4 64-bit

We upgrade 6 users to to the new 64-bit systems and SolidWorks is performing great except for a video glitch which is an annoyance verses a hindrance.  We can not reproduce it at will.  When a user rotates a model they sometimes see a small rectangular area (.5in x .25in), where there cursor resides, rotating and the rest of the screen is frozen for sometimes a few seconds to multiple seconds.  They have also seen this when inserting parts, and mating parts in an assembly.  Again we can not reproduce this at will.  We thought it was related to assemblies until yesterday I saw it happen in a part. 

Initially IT had the latest driver installed because RX said it was approved.  I went to the SW site and the only driver they approved was an older one.  I uninstalled the driver on one of the machines and installed the "Approved" driver and the individual is still seeing the issue.

Because we went from 32-bit SW and operating system to 64-bit, NT to Win7, and single monitor to dual I am having a hard time figuring out where to start my trouble shooting.  Has anybody else seen this type of behavior?  Is there a hardware setting I am missing?

Thanks,

Bill Stadler

Outcomes