2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2012 3:31 PM by Timothy Holman

Solidworks 2011 will not install

Aaron Cuneo

So I've been trying for the past 2 days to get Solidworks to install on my computer. I'm running Windows XP professional SP3 32bit. Every time I've tried to install Solidworks 2011 it gets to the 40-50% mark and then an error pops up stating it can't continue because it needs access to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mircrosoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\MSFS.

To fix this problem I reset all accounts on my computer so they have administrator access and then went into the regedit and set it so all the accounts had access to that registry key. Since the program didn't install there is no uninstall function but I go through and manually delete the Solidworks folders. Then I run CCleaner, CCleaner registry cleaner, and Combofix afterwards. Then I reboot my computer. It didn't work so I repeated this process and then right clicked the install file and went "run as..." administrator.

Solidworks still gives me the same error message. The only other thing I can think of to try is a full reformat of my computer and then try again. Can anybody help? Thanks.