We're using Solidworks 2010 SP4 in Win7 64-bit & XP 32-bit&64-bit.
(In my case, Win7-64bit)
Recently, license server has been migrated due to tech-refresh.
Almost all users are using alias for server but some users are using real name.
Therefore some users need to change the server name to new one.
I'm thinking what is the better/safer way to change it.
First, I checked the registry keys.
I found the following four keys are related to license server.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FLEXlm License Manager\SW_D_LICENSE_FILE
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager\SW_D_LICENSE_FILE
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FLEXlm License Manager\SW_D_LICENSE_FILE
- HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-198358228-527928863-167192953-33393\Software\FLEXlm License Manager\SW_D_LICENSE_FILE
All of these key are pointing old server.
Next, I started "SolidNetWork License Administrator" then removed the old server from "Server List".
Then I added new server (Actually it is alias) and rebooted the PC.
I confiemd I get license from New Server. It seems that I was successful in changing the license server.
However when I checked registry key, two keys (Above 2.&3.), "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\...', were changed to new server.
Other two keys keep old server.
I'd like to know,
- Why "HKEY_CURRENT_USER..." and "HKEY_USERS..." keep old server?
- Do I need to change the keys to new server by manual? or I don't need to do anything?
- Any better way to change license server other than using "SolidNetWork License Administrator"?
If you have any suggestions/comments, please share it with me.