1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 30, 2012 12:46 PM by Jerry Steiger

Screw (video Tutorial)

B. S

Hello.

I am still trying to finish my first tutorial for SW.

Now is time  of the screws for the camera.

The problem : The videotutorial shows how to do a screw, using extruded cut.

Then picks "rectngle center" and press at the middle of the circle plane.

He makes first rectangle then repeats the action and does the second one, this time horizontal. Finally picks 1 line from first rectangle and then another line from the secondone and press "equal" inside relations.

Now he can move any side of any rectangle and they are ALWAYS proportional so you can choose any width and the draw mantains the relation,

When I repeat the same process than the video when I move any side of the rectangles ...they don't move equal and the rectangles don't maintain any relations with the center of the circle plane....

I've tryed like 5 times doing exactly the same than the video...and I can't approach any positive result.

Thanks a lot!

'

Zooropa

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE THERE?

• Re: Screw (video Tutorial)
          Jerry Steiger

Zooropa,

Check your relations in the sketch. If you click on the center point, it should have three coincident relations. The center points of the two Center Rectangles should be coincident to each other and to the origin of your part. It sounds like you don't have the rectangles centered on the origin.

Also try using the Right Click in space and then choosing Display/Delete Relations. At the top where the box with the down arrow is, click on the down arrow and then pick External. This will show you the relations that are external to the sketch itself. You probably won't have any.

To add a relation, exit out of the Display/Delete Relations with the Escape key and then control select the center point of a rectangle and then the origin of the part, then pick coincident in the Property Manager.

Jerry Steiger