AnsweredAssumed Answered

Changing Component File Locations

Question asked by Gregory Page on Jan 26, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 27, 2015 by John Burrill

How do you get SW to actually change the references to the location of a component file all of the time?  I can open the assembly, select references and tell it the new file location.  It will open the part.  I can then have it check references and it will show the correct location of the parts.  I then close the assembly and reopen it and depending on the mood it is in it either will find the updated references or not.  I used the exact same procedure in two different assemblies within 10 minutes of each other.  One it worked as expected and outlined in the help page I found, the other still says it can't find some of the moved parts?

The assembly that doesn't work the reference is to a subassembly.  There is no way to expand the subassembly to view the parts references in the "open" dialog.  The parts are in the same directory as the subassembly.  Opening the subassembly itself works fine.  Opening the main assembly, verifying it is looking for the subassembly in the correct directory, does not work.

-Greg

Outcomes