I'm liking EPDM a lot... I've got more working in 3 days than during the last 9 months with our previous system...!!
But here is a list of stuff I am finding that could be improved... writing it down while it is fresh. =)
- Hard to select multiple controls in card creation tool. Can't drag a box if starting inside the card, can't single deselect. Controls in a container don't move when you move the container.
- Only the first column is selectable in the search results, would be nice to be able to click anywhere on the line.
- Search tool takes too long to open (~5-10 secs)
- Making a field as Required should not involve deleting everything in the vault.
- Messagebox warning for missing data is annoying. This should just be a red x somewhere on the screen, no reading, clicking & hunting.
- "Refuse Login" and other restrictions should not be in the "Permissions" list.
- Workflow arrows need bigger heads and allow colors
- Card formula need to support an IF statement.
- Save button on the data card screen should be on the left where the save button always is... Not hidden by itself on the right!
- Item explorer main screen can only show default columns (ID, name). Would be nice to see others here (part #, manufacturer, etc).
- Solidworks addin icons hard to see. Should be bigger, and more obvious if it is grayed out. Search tool icons are better.
- Bug - when copy-pasting controls to/from different cards, it gives the "specified card variable is missing" error. Need to move all the controls 1 by 1 to make the control take.
- Bug - when checking out/in an item, it deletes it's BOM....??
- Bug - Indented item BOMs aren't showing up right (blank lines where parts should be)