AnsweredAssumed Answered

PhotoView 360 Rendering causing SW2012 to Not Respond

Question asked by Byron Golub on Jan 24, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 2, 2014 by Tin-Man Lau

Every time I attempt to render any part in SW (final render, preview window, ...etc) the system become unresponsive.  When I click render, the status bar in the bottom left hand corner of the window says that it is transferring the model information to Photoview360, but then freezes, and after a few minutes simply reverts back as if I never asked for a render.  I know its not the part files because I send them to another computer on the network, and they render perfectly.  The most annoying thing is that everything worked fine before I updated to SW2012.

I have run the Solidworks Rx and it tells me my graphics card and driver are supported, as well as everything else.  I have uninstalled SW 2012 and reinstalled it, and still the problem remains.  The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall my Windows OS, but being on a corporate computer network, that is a pain.  Has this happened to anyone before?  Are theyre any other steps I can take to solve this problem?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Byron

Design Engineer

Attachments

Outcomes