2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 24, 2016 7:25 AM by Chris Meyer

Failed to Create Temporary Please Change Simulation Work Directory

Matt la Croix

Hi All,

I have a user running a simulation he gets amessaegbox reading 'Failed to Create Temporary Please change Simulation Work Directory' at the point where the mesh is created. Upon hitting okay, it continues to the analysis and the same message box appears again. After hitting "OK" again the process completes but the analysis results are jibberish.

Hsimworkdir error.JPGas anyone encountered this before and how do we resolve it?

Matt

• Re: Failed to Create Temporary Please Change Simulation Work Directory
          sandeep pawar

Knowledge Base say this about the error:

Solution
          Solution Id:

S-049273   

Product:

SolidWorks Premium 2010

Updated:

6/3/2010 7:19:07 AM

Area:

COSMOSWorks

Sub-Area:

Question:

Customer get error mesage: Failed to create temporary file. Please change Simulation work directory.

Answer:

Check to see where the Results folder is set to in the Study Properties.  Make sure the user has full control permissions to this location.  If the user has the option to create the results in the same folder as where the SolidWorks file exists, then see if those SolidWorks files are open from a network location.  If that is the case, then have them try pointing the results folder to a local machine location instead.

Also, make sure the user has full control permissions to wherever his system's TEMP enviroment variable is set.

See also Solution S-022522.
          • Re: Failed to Create Temporary Please Change Simulation Work Directory
            Chris Meyer

Hi Matt,

Not sure if you're still having this issue.

I was getting the same error message. I was trying to revisit a previous simulation. My problem was that I didn't have the Simulation file checked out of PDM. Once I checked out both the piece part AND the simulation file (.CWR) it worked just fine.