Leading US Distributor of marine diesel engines and power generation systems seeks experienced fulltime CAD Operator/Designer to support Sales and Project Management team in our Kent, WA branch. The ideal candidate is someone looking for an interseting challenge in a unique industry and can start immediately.
Create mechanical drawings of propulsion engine arrangements and generator set configurations per manufacturers specs for installation by shipyard & customer. Includes creating custom engine foundations, mounting systems, cooling and exhaust piping and fluid schematics, as well as, wiring schematic and cable harness diagrams for engine operating panels. As our sole CAD Operator, this individual will work closely with project teams and in-house technicians to fulfill scope of supply for customer's order.
- Associates Degree or 2-year certificate in mechanical/electrical drafting or equivalent
- Min 5 years experience using AutoCAD, including ver 2010
- Proficient with Solidworks and working knowledge of ver. 2009 or newer. Experience using Weldments a plus.
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods and industry standards for casting, welding, machining and sheet metal design
- Basic understanding of electrical symbols and drawing standards for wiring schematics
- Knowledge and application of ASME Y14.5 GD&T drawing standards
- Ability to use Microsoft Word & Excel. Experience using Adobe Acrobat highly desired
- Ability to troubleshoot process & product problems and take initiative to communicate matters quickly with a professional approach
- Strong organizational skills with experience maintaining document control systems and implementing best practice CAD standards
- Experience in marine or locomotive repowers and industrial power generation a plus
This position is full-time and salary is commensurate upon experience. Pacific Power Products offers a rewarding work environment, competitive wages and great benefits. Check out our web site at pac-power.com.
Please send resume to email@example.com