6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2011 5:08 PM by Legt Chevrollier

There is no fluid volume in the project. Please check geometry or boundary conditions

Legt Chevrollier

I wanted to make an time dependant analysis of the air velocity.

But, I am constantly having that irritating error:

"There is no fluid volume in the project. Please check geometry or boundary conditions."

Any suggestions, what could be the problem?

Here is the SolidWorks file:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21084...ija_vetarN.rar

Thank you.

• Re: There is no fluid volume in the project. Please check geometry or boundary conditions
          Rich Bayless

Hello Legt,

It's a geometry problem....... (just a joke!)

I loaded your sldprt and ran check geometry and it comes up empty.

I then saved your part as a parasolid and then opened the parasolid part.

The attached screenshot shows the import diagnostics for the parasolid.

Fix all the import errors in your original sldprt, and that should fix your issue.

Let everyone know what you find....

Rich.

importerrors.jpg

• Re: There is no fluid volume in the project. Please check geometry or boundary conditions
              Legt Chevrollier

Thank you for the reply Rich.

Why did you saved the file as Parasolid (.x_t) and then opened it? Because that only way to run the Import Diagnostics is by opening a .x_t file?

The faces could be healed with the Import Diagnostics, but not the Gaps.

I fixed the errors on my .sldprt file. I exported a .x_t file from it, opened it, and on Import Diagnostics, got the following message:

No faulty faces or gaps remain in the geometry. So this proves, that .sldprt file is ok now. Still I can not run the Flow Simulation. Again, I am getting an error:

"There is no fluid volume in the project. Please check geometry or boundary conditions."

I even tried opening the mentioned .x_t, saving it as .sldprt, apply Flow Simulation conditions, but again, I got the same message:

What seems to be wrong now?

Here are the new .sldprt and .x_t files:

http://www.gamefront.com/files/21107464/animacija_vetarN2.rar

( "sa_podzemnimizlazom1.sldprt" - file with fixed errors from the previous Import Diagnostics.

"sa_podzemnimizlazom1.x_t" - parasolid file exported from the "sa_podzemnimizlazom1.sldprt"

"Part6.sldprt" - opened parasolid file and saved as .sldprt )