3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 5:14 AM by Raghavendra Bhagwan

Best option to drive Sage From PDM

Sammy Redshaw

Do you have any experiance of driving Sage from PDM, and what are your solutions. Currently sage is misused and error prone due to way it is managed and there is a lot manual input to create works orders.

• Re: Best option to drive Sage From PDM
          Raghavendra Bhagwan

Sammy,

I have had chance to work and implement Sage & EPDM as well.

1) The data can be exchanged Thru xml / csv format into sage from EPDM.

2) Secondly it depends till what extent you need to integrate both the systems. Just to open the can of worms :From where do you like to generate part numbers for your work orders.

There are also a lot of points to ponder in this regard

Let me know if you need any more infor.

Regards,

Raghav.

Sammy Redshaw

Currently all the work is done on Excel spreadsheets. Sales teams quote an assembly or assemble configuration to a customer.

Once this is done the data is saved to a quote excel sheet. Is that  quote the could be multiple assemblies and multiple quantities of the the Assemblies.

When this is turned into a customer purchase order someone has to write a BOM or works order document,for each individual assembly. So if the quote had 4 of on assembly 1 and  4 of assembly 2 there would be eight BOM's with a unique Serial/Number. This then has to be put into Sage to create a Picking list. Once picked Part trace numbers have to be Logged into the individual works order of that picked assembly. Same thing for test data of the final assembly. this logged into a works order excel file. From this we create a document pack of the assembly using excel.

I have come in created the parts in SolidWorks and saved them to the vault. I am wondering if a PLM system such as aras can be used to control the work flow and use EPDM to create and dump the BOM into sage.

Currently PDM and ERP are use exclusively which means there are errors due data not being updated correctly and I would much rather use the PDM and ERP inclusively.

As a lot of the input data could be kept as records and the data could be manipulated via SQL and a web interface to output the data correctly in to the work flow.

Raghavendra Bhagwan

Sammy,

If i understand correctly, There would be many BOM's to uploaded by the Sales Teams. But you need to understand and define from where you would like to start integration.

EPDM can configured to control the process workflow, But why do we need another sytem like Aras ? No doubt, it can do better things as whole process.

I would request you first define the business process and then choose the tool and the touch points for the integration.

Let me know if you need more info.

Cheers !

Raghav.