AnsweredAssumed Answered

PDMW: Why would a file show up as a link/shortcut in a project where it reports to no other file?

Question asked by Charley Leonard on Dec 14, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 14, 2011 by Daen Hendrickson

Be careful not to misunderstand the question and jump to conclusions, answering a different question.  Here's my question:  Why would a file show up as a link/shortcut in a project where it reports to no other file?  I'm fairly experienced with PDMW, and this behavior seems new new me.  I'm not talking about seeing a shortcut under an assembly, where the part resides in a different project.  I'm talking about a part that may or may not report to assemblies, but I'm looking at a link to it, and the link is sitting stand-alone in a project folder (Let's call this "Project A"), not an assembly.  When this is the case, I also can not change the project of that part (which actually lives in "Project B") to this project ("Project A") where the link is showing up.  I get error message, "The 'Change Project' operation was not successful for all documents. Some documents project may NOT have been changed!".  I can change its project to any other project other than "Project A", where the link symbol is.  Also, I can change other parts to "Project A", so it doesn't seem to be a permissions issue with that particular project.

Outcomes