Is it possible for me to pattern a component along a curved object (cylinder)? I have attached a jpeg of the assembly to show you what im working with.
Thanks in advance!
Here's what I do, but it may not be the best way:
1) Create your sewwp using a profile and path, as usual.
2) Draw a small circle on the same plane as, and coincident to, the path of your sweep.
3) Use that circle to cut a small hole that doesnot go all the way through the part (so it's not visible from the outside).
4) Create a curve-driven pattern, using the path of the sweep as Direction1, and the small hole as the feature to pattern.
5) Save, insert into assembly with your hook part that you want to pattern.
6) Use a feature-driven component pattern to pattern your hook part based on the sketch driven pattern.
Does this help?
Thanks for the help, worked great after a bit messing about
Retrieving data ...