AnsweredAssumed Answered

Subassembly wont function right after being inserted

Question asked by Phil Meiklejohn on Nov 29, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 7, 2011 by Glenn Schroeder

I have been struggling with this all morning and have resorted to a distance mate for the door itself instead. Basically I have an enclosure with a sliding door and am using a couple of full extension slides for hardware. I downloaded the 3d model into SW and broke it apart and reassmbled it as a working model of a slide. Problem comes when I go to insert that assembly into the enclosure assembly, It works backwards..... for whatever reason as soon as I insert the sub assembly the limit distance mate reverses and the slide extends the opposite way. And thats not all it does. For a while I had it working perfectly but then I add the door handle and there it goes it goes backwards or the limits change and suddenly the door only opens half way or the door freezes and it says no solution found in the corner. What is going on here am I screwing up mates or is this a common problem with solidworks. Although I don't see how it could be as I would say it makes SW useless for complex assemblies.

Outcomes