In solidwork drawing when i click model item for dimension it shows so many dimension for that view whic i used in my sketch.
I need only few of this dimension.
Anybody help me out.
I join new company and i am new user for solidwork.
In my preveious company we have Pro-E.
For this we wee using SHOW & ERASE cammand.
Welcome to SolidWorks forums Kushal.
There are two ways to accomplish this:
1. Open the model and edit the dimensions. Then you can set them to show or hide when called in drawing using model items. Check this for more details: Mark for drawing
2. After you insert the dimension in the drawing, you can simply delete or hide the dimensions not required in that view. You can always insert/show them back.
You might also find this post helpful for your future reference
Set them to a layer and then hide the layer. Finally delete the unwanted or simply select the unwanted dimensions and delete them.
Welcome to the forum.
Things that I do is either or both, instead of inserting all of the dimensions
at once, do them a feature at a time. Then onece you have a few placed on
your drawing, then create a different layer with another color. Then when you insert them
you can see the inserted ones over the ones you have already inserted and placed.
Then delete as necessary.
Kushal there are 2 nice tools in SolidWorks that will help you a lot. Follow this procedure:
1. Select all the dimensions you want to keep.
2. Activate the dimension selection filter (so you do not delete some other kind of entity). For that press "F5" and select dimension (see picture):
3. Right Click on the empty area of the graphic side of the screen.
4. Select the bottom double arrow on the RMB menu (see picture):
5. Select "Invert Selection". See Picture:
6. At this time, the rest of the dimensions (all the unwanted ones) should be selected. Just Right Click one more time and select "Hide" if they are model dimensions or press the "Delete" key if they are reference dimensions in order to make them disappear.
Picture after Inverting the Selection:
Picture after hiding/erasing the unwanted dimensions:
If you find that you need access to the Invert Selection menu item over and over, you can bring it to the primary content of the RMB menu:
1. RMB and select the bottom double arrow:
2. Select "Customize Menu":
3. Check the box corresponding to Invert Selection: