AnsweredAssumed Answered

Recommended books on FEA

Question asked by Jason Richardson on Nov 25, 2011
Latest reply on Mar 12, 2013 by Jerry Steiger

Jumping the gap between obtaining a degree in mech.engineering and actually becoming an engineer has certainly hit home during my first month of employment since my graduation.

As my experience with FEA increases, it seems my confidence in its results, and in my self, has been on the decline. Ideally I'd have an experienced colleague around to give me some guidance and show me the ropes, but this is unfortunately not the case and leaves me in somewhat of a rut.

I think a general FEA book with no emphasis on particular CAD packages would be most benefitial, while also keeping practical and not delving too deep into the underlying mathematics. The problem is, there are dozens of these available and I have absolutely no idea which would be the most worthwhile place to start.

Peterson's concentration factors has been a great help with regards to hand calculations, and I'm really looking for the equivelant in FEA terms. Advice and suggestions from anyone, particularly those who been in my position would be fantastic.

Outcomes