2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 21, 2011 11:27 PM by Morel Groper

Multiple loads in non linear dynamic simulation

Morel Groper

Hi,

I am loading a shell with a time varying pressure in Solidworks non linear dynamic simulation. I am getting fine results when comparing those to an analytical calc. In addition to the time varying load I would like to add a dead (constant) load on the same face shell. I am getting the message "Multiple loads on same entity should use same time curve". As it would not be correct to add the dead load to the time varying load, is there a good solution to work this problem?

Thanks much,

Morel

• Re: Multiple loads in non linear dynamic simulation
          Paul Kellner

One way would be to put a unit pressure load on the shell and drive it with a time curve that is the sum of the dead load plus the live  load.

What is the non-linearity in your problem?

• Re: Multiple loads in non linear dynamic simulation
              Morel Groper

Hi,

Thanks for your helpful reply.

I implemented a very similar solution. I applied the constant pressure by using a slowly (10*system specific time) increasing linear curve and only then I added the pressure pulse. Thus the pressure pulse was delayed some tenth of seconds until the constant head was slowly increased to its constant value. I believe this is very similar to your suggestion.

Regarding the non-linearity, it is the material. Because I load the vessel above the yield stress into the plastic zone I am using a bi linear model of the material.

Any comment you may have about this solution is very welcomed.

Thanks again!

Morel