AnsweredAssumed Answered

Failed to update to SW 2011SP5, error 1310 error writing to file

Question asked by JD Webb on Nov 15, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 15, 2011 by JD Webb

I have had troubles running SW2011 service packs 0,1, and 4. Mostly occasional freezes, but it got much worse lately so I figured it was time for a system re-install (it's been a few years and i had SW2010 and 2011 on the CPU).   Today I wiped my system, fresh install of Win7 Pro, and started installing SolidWorks.  I used the DVD, and tried selecting the straight online update to SP5, hoping it would circumvent any issues I had with SP4.  The installation failed, so I installed SP0 from the DVD, then tried downloading and installing SP5.  It failed multiple times giving me "Error Writing to file", for files such as sldanalysistools.dll, slderresu.dll.  I tried skipping files, but just had more errors.  I aborted the update, then tried disabling antivirus (MS Security Essentials), and ran the SW installation manager->check for updates as Administrator.  I am still getting error 1310 error writing to file, The Installation Manager does not have permission to modify this file.  Any deas?  Install logs attached.

Attachments

Outcomes