10 Replies Latest reply on Nov 18, 2011 2:55 PM by Wayne Tiffany

Space Pilot Zoom Setting

Wayne Estes

In SW2010 where do I find the panel to set the zoom so that it is up/down on the puck, not forward/back?

• Re: Space Pilot Zoom Setting
          Wayne Tiffany

Go to the icon in the taskbar in Windows and click Open Window from there.  Then on the first tab (Device Configuration) you will find the radio button choice.

WT

Wayne Estes

That is just for general applications and doesn't change it in SW. SW doesn't even show in the application pull down there. Someone showed me once that I had to go through a couple picks in SW and at the time I said it was not intuitive to find. He's not here anymore and I can't find it again. Didn't write it down either. This time I will, once I find it again.

Wayne Tiffany

Mine shows SW from that location - make sure you have SW open at the time.

WT

Wayne Estes

Ah Ha! I was in internet explorer and clicked in SW then opened and there it was. Thanks! That was easier then what I had been told before. Too easy. This will make life easier and the cussing under my breath a little less. With 25 years of non-history cadd then going to SW the cussing won't stop any too soon I'm afraid. But that's another post!

Thanks and may Wayne's World be the best place to live!

Wayne Estes

Ok, that fixed it in part and assembly but I have the old issue in drawings where forward/back is zoom in/out. Why would it not work correctly in drawings?

Wayne Tiffany

Hmm, don't know.  I just tried mine again and switching the zoom direction to up and down made it change in a drawing also.  Maybe different driver, different device, different SW version or SP?

But, I have to ask - why do people want the zoom to be due to lifting the puck?  If I want to push the model to the left I push the puck to the left.  If to the right, then push the puck to the right.  If I want it closer to me, I pull the puck closer to me.  It drives me crazy to try to use it that "other" way.  :-)

WT

Wayne Estes

I can't work with it when it is zoom by forward/back on the puck. I don't know why it is fixed in part-assy and not in drawing. I even had to re-start my computer today due to a memory resource crash. Tried changing the setting while in drawing and no go. I'm two thirds there! Just have to figure out whats up with it in drawings. Thanks for the help so far.

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Dell Inc. Precision WorkStation 690
                                  SolidWorks - 2011 SP05

3Dconnexion cube3d Version 6, 14, 0, 0

NVIDIA Quadro FX 4600

Jeff Holliday

I don't think there is logic to either mapping - just what your brain is willing to handle. I can see your point about pulling the puck to get things closer but doesn't that mean that tilting forward/backward would have to be controlled by moving things up/down? Either way, I am very glad the choice exists. I am even more happy that the 3-D Controller exists!

Wayne Estes

After e-mailing tech support at 3DConnection the problem was found that going to in SW, 3D control, properties, options tab, and un-checking the Z/Y Change fixed the problem. Now the puck responds correctly in all three file types (part, assy,drawing). Thanks all for the help.