AnsweredAssumed Answered

2010 Slow First Start

Question asked by Eieio Engineer on Nov 14, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 16, 2011 by Eieio Engineer

Hello SolidWorks' Gurus,

I am running SolidWorks Office Premium 2010 x64 on Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (6GB RAM, Intel Xeon E5506 @ 2.13GHz) with PDM Workgroup. I have only seen one post regarding this issue, but didn't see that they actually resolved it. The first start up of Solidworks is extreamly slow. If I end the process tree with task manager and then open it again it starts as it should. Then, when I proceed to open an assembly from PDM it also takes an extreamly long time. I end up closing everything again with task manager and then restarting this process all over again. This time Solidworks runs fine.

The office I work for has been using this program and machine setup for several years...I just recently noticed this becoming an issue about two weeks ago. This is relatively new, which makes me think it's something I did!!! I haven't changed or turned on any new add-ins. I don't ever download anything on this machine unless it's a part from a vendor, or a part off a website that I'm looking into. We currently have SP2.1, and that is as high as we will probably ever get since everything is now expired. This company will not be updating anytime soon...Maybe 2034 if I'm lucky haha!!!!

This occurs after I restart my machine. I'll wait a good 5-10 minutes to allow everything to boot up and intialize before I click on the SW execute icon. I have noticed that it's only Solidworks that is doing this. I can open any of my other programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, Explorer, Etc...) and they respond and open quickly...even while I'm still waiting on Solidworks to finish booting up. I have several programs to help clean my computer up (Malwarebytes, Antivirus, CCleaner, Defrag, Disk Clean Up, etc...), but still the same results. I don't think it's a virus or spyware since it's only affecting SW. Clueless!!!

If you could help shed some light on this one I would greatly appreciate it...THANK YOU!!!

Outcomes