4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2011 1:48 PM by Tamara Blaisdell

Add-in for Items

Tamara Blaisdell

Can you create add-in which reacts to Item events like check-out and state change etc., and are accessible via context menus in Item Explorer ?

Hope you can… the EdmLib.IEdmCmdMgr5 does not seem to support Items, but files and folders only, and so far, I was not able to find any documentation pertaining to items, but maybe you can help me….

• Re: Add-in for Items
          Wayne Matus

I have not actually done it, but you should be able to. You should be able to process items just like you do files. Search your API help file for "Programming Items".

Tamara Blaisdell

OK, so I should have said "I was not able to find any documentation on Add-ins pertaining to items". Nothing in API help, or SW Forum, Knowledge Base, etc.

If you know where I can read on it, I would appreciate specifics.

Wayne Matus

Sorry, I should have been more clear on my response. You will not see any documentation on Add-ins pretaining to items.

You can use the documentation on Add-in pretaining to files when you write your add-in for items.

In the eyes of the API, an item is a file. The only thing different is that an item does not have an actual file stored on the archive server.

Tamara Blaisdell

Well, yeah, this was my assumption at the beginning too, and first thing I did I tried using the same API interfaces as I would for files. No go, this is why I said in my original post "EdmLib.IEdmCmdMgr5 does not seem to support Items", and I'm looking for somebody with a different experience