somethings are not included in the student version and are not available seperately
SolidWorks Utilities is only included in the Professional & Premium editions of SW.
If you have either of those but SWU is not available in add-ins, you may have to run a repair or re-install.
Student Editions are the full Premium edition.
No it is not completely Prem. notice the additional functions! Which is the prem portion.
No PDMWorks, or Utilities or scan to 3d and NO TRANSLATORS only able to save SW file types!!!!
I work for and instruct at Arizona State University and the studenst have to use the Educational version installed at ASU to get full Prem functionality, this is by design.
and yes I hear the complaining all the time.
- 12 month term-of-use license
- SolidWorks Premium software
- SolidWorks Simulation Premium - finite element analysis tools (FEA)
- SolidWorks Motion - kinematic and motion simulation analysis tools
- SolidWorks Flow Simulation - computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analysis tools
- SolidWorks Sustainability - learn how your designs impact the environment
- Additional functions
- Animation functionality
- Toolbox - Library of Standards
- Photoview 360
- Complete online documentation and tutorials
- 14 language options: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Polish, Korean, Czech, Brazilian, Portuguese and Russian
- Certified SolidWorks Associate (CSWA) Coupon ($99 Value)
- Access to the SolidWorks discussion forums
- A network of SolidWorks users throughout the world