AnsweredAssumed Answered

Design Study: Using a Probe without setting up Sensors

Question asked by Nathan Cser on Oct 27, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 12, 2012 by Kevin Corr

I'm varying the wall thickness of my part while running iterative studies of the Von Mises stress. Initially, I wanted to check using a probe and was hoping it would just display the results from each scenario but it's greyed out. Is there something I'm doing wrong with my study set up that would not allow me to have a probe? If not, why is that feature disabled?

Then I created sensors to check various areas of the model; after running an initial simulation, I set it to find the max along certain faces that I split using the split line feature. My issue is that I don't know exactly where these points are in 3D space and was hoping to have a tool that indicates exactly where these stress values are on the part. Is there a way to create a sensor that is positioned at a sketch point that I will place at the maximum stress location in order to gather locational data (if probe really won't work)?

I should mention that I'm having trouble with the Design Study tool. I created this assembly in order to simulate tension and compression on 3 interlocking parts and placed the parts so that the faces interact with each loading simulation (using 2 configurations). After I renamed the config's, the studies don't allow me to access them anymore when I activate that tab; it seems that renaming the config causes the study to lose the reference (therefore I think I have to create new studies, import the scenarios from the exported .csv, and re run the 6 scenarios again for each study again?).

Finally, what does it mean when it says: "Current scenario's results are interpolated (Right Click + Run to calculate accurate results for a scenario)"? This only appears In the "Results View" when a scenario isn't selected and right clicking as it suggests I do does not even bring up that option.

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this!

Outcomes