2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2011 3:02 PM by Brad Baker

Error when setting up EPMD message system for SMTP

Brad Baker

I'm receiving an error message when setting up the message system for SMTP for EPDM.  When I press the test settings button, it says that it can not connect to the server.

Any ideas of what needs to be done on my EPDM server or exchange server to fix this?

• Re: Error when setting up EPMD message system for SMTP
          Benjamin Abshire

Brad,

I went through a lot of hassle getting ours to work too. Because I work for such a large company (Northrop Grumman) it was surprisingly difficult, given all the permissions and firewalls.

Here are some of the things I tried when figuring out our email. Hopefully they will point you in the right direction.

First, did you get the name and port number of your email server from your IT people? They are probably the only ones that would know it. Can they verify the information provided works with their tools?

Second, can you PING the email server? Before worrying if EPDM can see it, can your computer see it?

It may not be the same server your IT people would like you to use, but if you are using Outlook you can see the name of the Microsoft exchange server in email account settings. Does that server address work? I'm not sure if this a good approach.

• Re: Error when setting up EPMD message system for SMTP
            Brad Baker

It ended up being our virus scanner softward.