6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2006 10:04 PM by

CosmosMotion Admin Image Install Not Working

Thanks for the input. I have forwarded this to our installation guru and we will try to put a more gracious message for this problem.

Thanks.

Regards,
      Hari
        • CosmosMotion Admin Image Install Not Working
          Thanks Hari,

Trying what you suggested helped me find the problem (it gave some weird errors and then worked anyway). The path on the network drive is too long- 110 characters including the first two \\ and the last \. Using a much shorter path seems to work fine! Somthing chokes when it gets to that .CAB file if the path is too long.

Thanks,
          Kevin

on 2006 18 11:05 Hari wrote:
          > Hello Kevin,
          >
          > I'm not sure what to tell you. I created the admin image for COSMOSMotion from the
          > msi file and it worked fine from Disc 5 of the SolidWorks 2007 SP0.0 CD.
          >
          > Can you please try the following:
          > Browse to the <CD-Drive>/cwwi folder. Then use the COSMOS_English.msi to create the
          > admin image of COSMOSMotion. See if this works.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Hari
            Hello Kevin,

I'm not sure what to tell you. I created the admin image for COSMOSMotion from the msi file and it worked fine from Disc 5 of the SolidWorks 2007 SP0.0 CD.

Can you please try the following:
            Browse to the <CD-Drive>/cwwi folder. Then use the COSMOS_English.msi to create the admin image of COSMOSMotion. See if this works.

Regards,
            Hari
              Thanks Vince,

I have indeed run this by my reseller. They've been looking into it since the 7th with no response yet so I thought I'd try another route. I'm not sure many people use the Image install for Motion, so I'm not as suprised if nobody has seen this. I'm pretty sure admin images for Motion don't work in SP0.0. But I've been wrong before...!

-Kevin
                Hi Kevin, sorry you haven't gotten the info you needed. I've fwd'd this on to Hari, the Motion Master. I'm sure he'll be able to sort it out for you.

-- Vince
                  Hi Kevin, have you talked to your reseller about this? They should be able to diagnose this pretty quickly. I haven't yet heard anyone else with this problem.

--Vince
                    I tried posting this under install and admin... hoping for better luck here!

In an attempt to create an admin image of CosmosMotion 2007, I put in Disc 5 and ran "msiexec /a f:\cwwi\COSMOSMotion\i386_COSMOSMotion_English.msi" but it stops and I get this error:

"Error 1335. The cabinet file 'CMExam~1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, or an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

Disturbingly, the same thing occurs after copying the disc locally, as well as performing this command off DVD. The .CAB file copies fine manually, as well as showing all files intact (and extracting them) without any problems. I think something is wrong with the .MSI file or the .CAB files? Has anyone managed to do an admin install with /Motion?